A Bit About Me
Originally from Vancouver, B.C., I completed my Master's degree in materials science and engineering at Boston University and a Bachelor's degree in chemistry from the University of Rochester where I was also a varsity swimmer.
My biggest goal right now is to work in research and design for sportswear. In the long term, I hope to create my own brand while managing and coaching my own competitive swim team.
I love solving problems and arriving at elegant solutions. To me, engineering is the pathway to innovation and my highway to scientific expression. My greatest interests and passions are in product design and creation.
I have a strong compositional taste in art and a meticulous sense of colour and detail. I use photography to execute these needs but want to carry it forward into engineering designs. When I get the chance, I use sketches and drawings to creatively exert and record my ideas on paper in hopes of translating it into real life.
Feb - Dec 2021
Sep 2019 - Jun 2020
May - Sep 2021
Daniel Faucher Couture
• Expedited preliminary fitting process constructing muslins from scratch and marking alterations
• Produced linings, trim and applique pieces for clients and was responsible for hand-sewing final details
• Provided efficient solutions to machinery issues and maintained overall studio organization
Final Frontier Design
• Constructed high-compression knit pants for dual purpose aerospace and medical applications
• Optimized and managed tech pack documentation of digital patterns with accuracy and sizing coverage, bill of materials, and construction decisions
• Incorporated multiple technical areas combining sewing and laser cutting, with various knit fabric, elastic, and custom Velcro attachments
Boston University College of Engineering
• Developed a standardized test rig and method for mosquito bite resistance in military uniform fabrics
• Improved design and fabrication method of the simulated proboscis for 60% faster assembly
• Completed Master's Thesis: Investigation of Textile Resistance to Puncture by a Mosqui